Top 10 Artist in Benue state with a very high fashion taste in how they look and appear in the public.
Music and fashion are different aspects of entertainment that are closely interrelated. Fashion can be used to interpret music likewise music can also be used to interpret fashion. The lifestyle of an artist basically deals with branding. As an artist, your brand image needs to stand out when it comes to fashion and showcasing yourself. Music goes beyond just singing, rapping, performing, promoting or recording. Music is a lifestyle. Once you become famous as an artist, your lifestyle is criticized by your fan base. Your fans notice the nitty-gritty of your activities directly or indirectly. Whatever you show your fans is what they believe. That is why as an artist, you need to be careful with how you dress when you are in public, what ever you post on social media, the interviews you grant because, these are avenues the public use in staying updated with you. You cannot mess up your public image because it will come back to affect you on the long run.
This is one aspect that Legendary Fela Kuti stood out with when he was alive and ruling the airwaves of the Nigerian music industry. He had a special way of duplicating his outlook in his fans subconscious memory because of his fashion sense. He was unique, special and out of this world because he knew exactly what to wear and when to wear a particular cloth.
Artist in Benue state have picked up the challenge and they are doing superb when it comes to their fashion style. When they attend shows, interviews, public functions and gatherings, they always look fly and good to go.
This is why our team, had to carry out a thorough research to showcase artist in Benue state with a unique dress sense. The list is endless because almost every artist from Benue state is trying but we had to streamline the list down to 10 artist.
1. Cassidy Bryan: His real name is Pius Bryan Thomas. He recently released one of the best music videos titled “Wosh” that caught the attention of music lovers worldwide. Cassidy Bryan is a true definition of “never to be caught unfresh”. He knows how to dress and he knows exactly what to do to call attention with his attire at any occasion. Cassidy Bryan recently purchased diamonds worth 750 dollars. Cassidy Bryan is currently working on a brand new song titled “Shop right” slated to be released soon. Click here and follow Cassidy Bryan on Instagram as @cassidybryanofficial
2. Od Woods: He is a business man and the C. E. O of Woodhouse entertainment. His real name is Orduen Andrew Ikon. Od Woods is also the Pioneer of Made in Benue(All White Party). He has traveled far and wide and this has enabled him to work with a lot of industry heavy weights such as: Davido, Ice prince, Vector, Stg, Vj Adams, Orezi, Shizzi and so many more too numerous to mention. Od Woods is currently one of the biggest artist from Benue state and he sure knows how to represent. He has a very high taste when it comes to selecting his clothes. He has a unique way of dressing that is always distinct. Od Woods recently released the visuals to his smash hit song titled Bem currently gaining thousands of views on youtube. Click here and follow Od Woods on Instagram as @Odwoods.
3. Slizeboy Ability aka Abili na my name o is an artist that have carved a niche for himself in the entertainment industry. He has received a lot of awards. His real name is Egbunu Daniel. He broke out with his hit song titled Happen to Anybody released in 2017. Slizeboy Ability sure knows how to draw attention with his unique outfits. Over the years, Slizeboy Ability has kept sustaining his high fashion taste.
4. Slikish: Slikish is a young, rich, handsome and clean artist that is a house hold name in Benue state. He is currently one of the most renowned and consistent artist that has been releasing music since he broke into the entertainment industry. He has featured Ceeza Milli, Peruzzi, Joel and so many more too numerous to mention. He recently released his new song titled Yodi Ft Maleeq Souls. Slikish is always looking clean and fly with his outfits. He sure knows how to dress and brand himself. His fan base keeps showing him love and support on his social media handles.
5. Dynamic Twins: They are a gospel music duo consisting of Peter Obaje and Emmanuel Obaje. They have released countless hit songs accompanied with high quality videos. They recently shut down their event tagged “Dynamic Twins live in concert + Album Release” in Lagos state of Nigeria. Dynamic Twins know what is called fashion and they always flaunt it. They know how to dress and just like their name implies, they are dynamic in their own unique ways. They recently released their album titled Expression that is making serious waves around the world and on different streaming platforms. They recently hit 60 thousand streams on music platforms worldwide.
6. President EMS also known as Emperor Swagz(EMS) with real name Ikyobo Daniels is a very talented rapper from Benue state that have carved a niche for himself in the entertainment industry. He is one of the artist from Benue state that has enjoyed fame on a national level. He is also a business man and a philanthropist. Over the years, he has kept a very close relationship with Vtek. President EMS knows how to keep up with his name Swagz. He can dress for Africa. He knows how maintain his outlook. He is also a good example of never to be caught unfresh.
7. Rapizo: His real name is Nyam Luke Lubem. He is a very talented popular singer, song writer, dancer and a performer. He started music at the age of 12. His prolific musical prowess has gained him fame and recognition worldwide.
His style of music is quite unique as he combines Folk, Afro pop and Rnb which gives him an outstanding soothing flavour. His first debut album was released in 2013 with hit songs like Immortal Rapizo, Too Far Away and other successful singles. His latest Album titled “Unity” contains hits song like Patience Ft Shedrach & Bravo D.
8. Lady Pesh: She is currently one of the biggest female artist in Benue state. Her real name is Oryina Patience. She is one of a kind, she is unique, she is an artist with prospects. She is a talented singer, song writer and a performer born and brought up in Benue state. She began her music career in 2013 and in 2014 she was nominated for the best female rising artist of the year (2014). She recently won artist of the year Award in 2021 at the just concluded “Choice awards” hosted by Student union, Benue state university, Makurdi.
9. Terel with real name Kyeluwa Terungwa Emmanuel is a very talented artist from Benue state currently signed to Daddy Sas Music Worldwide. He was born and brought up in Makurdi, Benue State. He discovered his musical abilities and love for entertainment at a very tender age. He is a fast rising singer, songwriter and performing artist with a goal of getting to the apex.
His interest for music started from childhood when he started singing at the children’s church choir. He loves entertainment in general. The talented act is currently in the studio working on a brand new song titled Urgent 2k featuring Too Prince who is a well recognized artist in Benue state.
10. Fiona James with real name Agaa Mngusuun Fiona is a very talented artist from Benue state. She attended her elementary education at Rainbow nursery and primary school, Hotoro Kano state. She attended Divine love Catholic girls secondary School, Katsina Ala in Benue state. She studied Public Accounts and Audits at a tertiary level both at Federal polytechnic Bauchi State and Fidei polytechnic Gboko. Fiona James recently released a hit song titled “Lock Me Down” making waves in different parts of the country.