Rapizo with real name Nyam Luke Lubem is a very talented popular singer, song writer, dancer and a performer from Gwer West, Benue state of Nigeria. He started music at the age of 12. His prolific musical prowess has gained him fame and recognition worldwide.
His style of music is quite unique as he combines Folk, Afro pop and Rnb which gives him an outstanding soothing flavour. His first debut album was released in 2013 with hit songs like Immortal Rapizo, Too Far Away and other successful singles. The song “Immortal Rapizo” popularly known as “Mkem Wan Dam Ke Taraku” was the biggest track on the album thereby bringing Rapizo to Limelight. One Nigeria was another single that did not make that album but had positive reception.
In the year 2016, Rapizo released his second album titled “We all Need Something” with hit songs Like Tar Wase, Omo Ele, Tiv way back and a host of others. “We All Need Something” has a remarkable record and it is Rapizo’s highest selling album so far. The album sold out more than 40,000 copies excluding downloads and online streaming. The song “Tar Wase” which means our country was an instant hit after release because of the realities in the song. The song preached and prompted unity and culture. The song was an advice to youths to be more industrious in different professions other than looking at only politics for survival.
Rapizo is a very hard working independent artist who has established his brand in the competitive music industry. With little resources, he has achieved success in the entertainment industry and he has contributed greatly to the development of the music industry.
Rapizo’s third Album is titled “No Place Like Home“.
Rapizo’s Fourth album was released on the 1st of November, 2020. The album consists of songs like: Spirits, Eledumare, Life, Patience Ft Shedrach & Bravo D, Kpamurege, Shina Peller, Don’t underrate, Wanky
Rapizo have received the following awards:
- ONTIV publication annual publication merit awards, Tiv secular song of the year 2014.
- ONTIV publication annual publication merit awards(Tar Wase) Song of the year(2017).
- Symbols Cuisine award of excellence as cultural youth ambassador (2016).
- Benue celebrity award(2016).
- Benue star artist: Icon award, 2017.
- Benue state council for art and culture award: The icon of music and entertainment, 2017.
- National union of Benue state students: Indigenous artist of the year, 2016.
- Benue social media male artist of the year award, 2018.
- Saint Augustine’s parish, Demepke, Makurdi: Golden voice of Tiv nation award, 2019.